- Drill rig is now on site and final preparations are underway to commence drilling this week
- Programme to comprise 2,000m of RC drilling targeting the highly prospective Blue Hills, Four Corners, Harmonic and Creasy 1 Prospects
- Drilling expected to take up to two weeks to complete, with initial assays due Q1 2022
Twenty Seven Co. Limited (ASX: TSC) (“TSC” or “the Company”) is pleased to announce an update on the RC drilling program at the Rover Gold Project in WA. The RC drill rig has now arrived on site with drilling to commence imminently.
This RC drilling program has been designed to initially test bedrock geochemical signatures identified from the most recent gold-in-soil sampling, with six holes to be drilled seeking to extend known mineralisation previously identified at Harmonic and Creasy 1 (refer to ASX announcement dated 12 October 2021).
Further supporting the prospectivity of the Rover Gold Project, results of TSC’s latest 243-sample soils programme (refer to ASX announcement dated 6 December 2021), which were taken over the area to the north and along strike from Middle Well Prospect (see Figure 1), have both confirmed and extended the known gold-in-soil anomalies previously identified at Middle Well, Four Corners and Blue Hills1&2 along the Edale Shear Zone.
Commenting on the commencement of drilling, CEO Simon Phillips said:
We are very excited to be getting this program underway as we are eager to test several of the largest and highest magnitude gold-in-soil anomalies defined within our Rover Project to date.
Our plan is to extend the previously-defined gold system at Harmonic and Creasy, both to further increase the overall prospectivity of the project and to better understand the size and potential scale of the mineralised gold system. This drilling program is an important step in the process, and we look forward to reporting outcomes as soon as possible in the new year.”
Figure 1: Location of identified Rover Gold Project targets and current soil sampling programme
- ASX: TSC: 12 January 2021: Outstanding gold soil anomalies identified at Rover
- ASX: TSC: 29 October 2020: Rover’s October 2020 drilling results confirm Harmonic’s strong potential